Thursday, December 17, 2009

Because it's what we want

I used to think "Man what happened to good music" or "... Good TV" and I would complain about how my generation liking all this new crap, now it just came to me. Nothing really has changed from our artist we like(d). Just in the 80s when .... iono Guns and roses were big and they had some hard corps music and now they have this cess album (I actually have never listened to it I just hear it's no good) that everybody who was a fan of GnR back in the 80s hates because it isn't the same as it was back in the day. Technically it is, just at a different turn of the knob.

Back in the 80s they played what we wanted to hear and today in this gay generation of ours they play... still what we want to hear. Generation rules, so this generation of teens that don't wanna "Stick it to the man" don't want to hear punk or hair metal bands singing about that crap, they wanna hear something about their time... like "losing a girlfriend" or "never having one because he's such a loser and he had to sing that to everybody".

I don't really have a question for this post... which pretty much goes against all the blog has to stand for, but I just thought I would share the info.
Probably should just start another blog for posts like these.

T-G

2 comments:

  1. I think every generation has those who are not satisfied with the ascendent voice that is ostensibly defining that generation's weltanschauung. My opinion, the tragedy isn't so much the dearth of worthwhile media/entertainment as the satisfaction with sub-par offerings dressed up in CGI/acoustically altered cosmetics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Devon on this one. This isn't just limited to music either. Every era of man talks about some "Golden Age" that used to exist. I'm sure that even under Charlamagne, they talked about "the good ol' days" and "simpler times". It's all hogwash. The 1950s sucked just as much as today sucks. It is just easier for us to believe that they didn't because they aren't blasting their crappy music through our radios daily.

    There is no declination. It's just change. Things have to change. If music was still being written and played in the exact same style as it was in the 60s, we'd stop listening.

    One last tidbit to think about. The all-time, number one, most played song on the radio in history is—and will likely forever be—"You've Lost That Loving Feeling" by The Righteous Brothers. Considered a classic now, I wonder how many angsty teenage boys whined about this "crappy music".

    Also, it's spelled "hardcore". Ghehe.

    ReplyDelete