Saturday, October 24, 2009

Uhg! Why aren't you me?

Don't worry about the blog title. It actually has nothing to do with me.

Anyway down to the matter at hand.

Yahoo news had this little article on a new mario game coming out where if the game gets hard you can turn on a feature in the game where it plays by itself until the hard part is over, or i guess until you turn it off. The problem they were facing is that peaople were saying it was a dumb idea because it takes the challenge away, or it's cheating. The problem I face is that there are all these people who actually care to complain about this (Like I am hehe) don't realise that everybody is different. We can't all reach the same hights or run the same lengths. Some people just might not be as good at mario as you. But to stear away from video games (since I'm sure most of you don't play them anyway) it happens everywhere. People must concern themselves with everybody elses life. "Why don't you dress trendy like me?", "Why don't you talk like me?", "Why don't you play World of Warcraft like me?" or " Why aren't you me?" in short. I guess it's just that hard for everybody else to live their own life so they go around telling everybody else their doing it wrong... or i guess it could be that they have reached the plymouth of their lives and feel that everybody else should join them at the top of their mount.
So if you got lost in my complaining of complaining what the question was, it was why do people afix themselves on everybody elses problems on not their own?

T-G

1 comment:

  1. We have the curse of being born social creatures. Back in the caveman days, the jackasses who weren't social, who didn't hang out with other people, got eaten by predators and didn't have kids.

    The cavemen who, irrationally but fortunately, had the proclivity to hang with other folk survived by staying in packs and had lots of babies.

    This mechanism, this desire to be accepted, this desire to be normal, to be like everyone else remains today. It just pops up in different forms.

    Instead of wanting to be like everyone else, we want everyone else to be like us.

    How do I know if my jokes are funny?

    How do I know if I am cool?

    How do I know if I am annoying?

    The only way to measure these things is with a third party: Other people. If no one laughed at our jokes, we'd stop telling them. If everyone acts as if we are cool, we believe it. If people don't talk to me, it's probably because I am annoying.

    We need a third party for a great deal more than we'd like to admit.

    If I'm playing World of Warcraft and I meet someone who doesn't, that ages-old instinct kicks in. Why does this person do something I don't? Which one of us is wrong? I mean, after all, if their way was the right way, I'd have already been doing it, right?

    It's stupid. Most of us don't even recognize that we are doing it, but we are. If there is a disparity, one of us must be wrong. I think Dr. Pepper is the best. You think Coke is the best.

    Who is right?

    ReplyDelete