Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dying. How cool is that?

Smoking. I don't even know how to turn this into a question without asking the generic of it.
Ah what the heck why not. Why do people smoke?
I've heard it helps you relax or it releases stress, but all you're doing is creating future stress. At the time you smoke to relieve the stress, but then smoking becomes the stress because you need more of it. We think of what we need now before we think of consequence.
Personaly I think the stress relief is a rouge for trying to look cool. I guess I can't say I thought of that because that would be like me saying I found out gravity. Some smokers I know do say they started because they thought it was cool.
What is cool about it though? "I'm killing myself slowly. Cool huh?" uumm... no?
If you wanted to die slowly why not go get cancer? Well I guess you get lung cancer from smoking, but think about leukemia, with that you have cancer and you don't have nasty black gums nor those ugly yellow stains between your fingers. Or you could go get aids, it worked for Freddie Mercury.

People all grow up to die
-Serj Tankian

(According to above quote) So shouldn't living be slowest death in it's self? I mean if it's cool to kill yourself slowly shouldn't not smoking be even cooler? Not trying to justify myself for not smoking, I just thought it was a fair question.
You pay... $6 a pack let's say to kill yourself. I'm sure over a life time of smoking you could have payed a hitman or two to kill you with the money you would have saved. Cigarettes are always the first thing thet raise taxes on so shouldn't that give you an idea to stop? Sorry I asume it's harder to quit then I just made it sound. But seriously.
Maybe money means more to me I guess.
I just don't see the upside to smoking. Cool just isn't worth a coffin to me.
Well anyway tell me your thoughts on the subject.

T-G

1 comment:

  1. It really is not that big a deal. Smoking is not as dangerous as the anti-smoking groups want you to believe. I am not saying that I would ever do it. I think it is a waste of money and a waste of time, but I also don't eat seafood. That doesn't mean that I would try to tell everyone they ought not to enjoy seafood. Whether it relaxes them, gives them an image they enjoy or makes them feel cool, it's their perogative to smoke. If that is what they need to relax, who am I to judge?

    Also, saying that relieving your stress with a cigarette now is pointless because the stress will come back is equitable to saying that I might as well not sleep tonight because I'll just be tired again tomorrow night, or I might as well not eat lunch because I'll be hungry come dinner time.

    ReplyDelete