Thursday, August 13, 2009

What would It be like?

If none of you caught that in the title, in "it" the I was capitalized. I will explain that in the question part.
Iono if this thought ranks into the morbid thoughts or not but has anybody wondered what it would be like to get amnesia? Not like "man I sure wish I had some of that" but like would you be the same if you had, had it?
See I know I can be a jerk or whatever you guys want to call me but if I had amnesia would I be myself still? I believe we are who we are because of what effect everybody else has on us, so would people tell me what I used to be like? Or would it be like play-doh molding me into what they wanted me to be?
weird thought but one I have often wondered.

T-G

1 comment:

  1. There are both genetic factors and social factors at work in creating people's personalities.

    In some ways, you would be the same. In others, you would be different.

    As a father, I have learned that children, infants come with personalities built in. They have not even had time to learn them. We are not blank slates without those around us, but they do impact us a great deal.

    "Tell me who your friends are, and I will tell you who you are."

    There will probably always be debate over which influences us more and in which ways, but it hardly matters. The fact is that both do.

    It must be the same with amnesia. Some of your personality would still be there. Some would be rewritten.

    ReplyDelete