Sunday, August 9, 2009

But why?

(title should be read as if a two year old were to ask it. go ahead and read it again in that style then continue into the blog.)

As my head note stated, this should be asked as if a two year old child were to ask this. You know, like how you answer "Because." and then they just ask it again? Well I titled my blog that because I don't think most of us ask that ourselves.
A two year old may be seeking knowledge about something they most likely will forget, but we ourselves probably don't ask that question for things we actually do want to know the answer to.
This is the intro to my blog as you can see and what I'm trying to say here is that I think that I myself ask that question a lot, and yet I never get an answer. I don't have to get the actual factual answer but just what people might think about the subject. Like why is it called a blog? it sounds like a stupid name yes but it's actually short for web log, But then after knowing that why do they use the B insead of the W? Or why not call it a weg? Or wog?
As you can see, these questions have no importance they're just examples. i never really cared why it wasn't called a weg or wog.
But I digress.
I just wanted to say that i might post a question. Be it religion, government, or whatever it may be, I mean no offence by it, I just want to get you to think about things yourselves if you already don't.
Also if you don't like the question segments of my blog I'll have other things too. (Like an activity book of a blog.... except no activities.)

If at anytime you asked "But why?"
My answer is "Because."

T-G

1 comment:

  1. You spell "offense" like you are in the UK.

    I am a member of the same school of thought. The answers are not so important as the quest. What do you really gain at the destination? All the work is done in getting there. People do not win the Olympics by winning the Olympics. They win by training for them.

    We live in a culture, hell a world obsessed with lightening our loads. Until recently, the lightening has been mostly physical—tractors, factory machines, automatic ice cream maker. Of late, more mental work is being done by our creations instead of our selves. Word Processors can spell-check for me. Wikipedia knows everything about everything. Myspace knows my friends' birthdays, and Google can find anything I need.

    What is going to be left for us to do? Pursue art? What are we going to write about? We are we going to paint? What will we bother taking pictures of. Google could probably do it better anyway.

    It does not matter if we have all the answers. Being certain is a stupid thing anyway. What matters is that we ask and pursue. Put those things between our ears to work and make some use of them.

    ReplyDelete